Day Guests are always welcome at St Benedict’s Centre. You can book an individual study/retreat room for £10. This includes hot drinks, the use of the beautiful grounds, the opportunity for private prayer in the pilgrim chapel.
We have a full risk assessment which will be sent to people on booking.
- When moving around the buildings or sitting in a meeting room guests are asked to wear face masks.
- Hand sanitiser is provided and guests are asked to use it on entering and leaving the building.
- Study rooms have kettles and facilities for making hot drinks. We cannot provide communal drinks or food.
- The Pilgrim Chapel can be used by an individual for private prayer but needs to be booked in advance.
- We are unable to join the Sisters for their offices at the moment because of building work. Sext, None and Vespers are prayed by centre staff and guests most days in the Pilgrim Chapel
The cost for an individual study room is currently £10 because we cannot offer refreshments. Payment is by bank transfer on receipt of an invoice or on the day by card.
If you would like to book an individual room for a day please contact email@example.com
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Events in August
Pure Gold 9-13 August
Our first summer school at St Benedict’s. This course opens the bible up for us in new and fresh ways. We will learn together in the mornings. There is an option to stay at the centre in the afternoon so you can enjoy the space and continue your discovery of God’s word reflecting on what you have heard and talked about in the morning session.
To book: firstname.lastname@example.org
Created in God’s image: Created to Create
Saturday 21st August 10am -3pm
Led by Hayley Usmar
This is a day course exploring new ways of understanding scripture through our own art.
Hayley Usmar is a Licenced Lay Minister in Rochester Diocese with a wealth of experience in bible journaling and art. She will lead us through the day encouraging creativity and teaching new techniques.
This day is suitable for children accompanied by adults but places are limited so book early.